Thursday 17 June 2010

Lady Bug Says ... Sunshine Garden

Afternoon Ladies!
I decided to do a post that is a little different today. I have the day off work so have been lounging around in the garden soaking up the sun and admiring the garden. Now, my Mother will tell you that I am not a green fingered person, so I am very proud of my efforts!
When we moved into our house in November this is what we called our 'garden' or more commonly known as the mud pit!


7 months later this is what we have created! Now I cannot take all the credit, the Mr is responsible for shed building/deck laying/ flower bed construction/ lighting. But I did help with turfing and did alot of the planting.

Being a 'stick it in the ground and hope it grows' kinda person I am very proud of all the pretty growing things!


I grew lilies! From bulbs! and there are alive and pretty!


No idea what these are but thought they looked nice!




Hope you don't mind me sharing my little 'OMG I did that' moment with you all!

17 comments:

  1. Not at all! What an amazing difference you've made to it. I think it's harder to start with a totally blank canvas sometimes than make subtle changes to something that's already flourishing. You've done such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a nice little sun trap! Looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing job you've done. I find gardening so rewarding, I love to weed, prune or mow a bit then run upstairs to admire my handiwork.
    I recognise lillies and lupins but not sure what that pretty pink thing is.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks so pretty and perfect for a home =) Isn't it nice when you accomplish something you had trouble believing you could do? I just love it.
    It is the perfect place to spend a day off, I think =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, well done! I wouldn't have a clue where to start with a garden! Nice decking xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is fab. Lovely place to sit outside in the sun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous garden, you definitely should feel proud of it - well done!

    Thanks for the comment :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty garden, very impressive for seven months work, particularly love the lillies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a pretty garden. I'm terrible with identifying flowers but good at vegetables. You've done a great job in a short amount of time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap that looks amazing!! I am happy you shared this with us, I am jealous and impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a transformation!! You two have done so well, I love it! perfect garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, check you! Such a pretty garden, it's hard to believe it used to look like the first picture! Lillies are my fave flower - they are so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. :O solid effort! :D
    loving the blog!
    great posts
    stop by some time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks lovely - I wish I had a garden, it'd be so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful garden! You've done a brilliant job with it, and now you can reward yourself by sitting outside in the sun and admiring your handiwork! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an exremely impressive garden. Not only can you go out and lounge in the sun but you can appreciate all your effort at the same time. Great job! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...